Time to build your Messenger chatbot! Get to know our most popular and powerful features so you can take advantage.
The following are the most popular and powerful no-code features you'll find in Chatfuel.
Set up an AI rule to have your bot send a certain response when a user manually types in text that contains a certain keyword. You can have the bot respond with whatever phrase, block, or bot flow you specify. You can set up AI rules to be triggered by text, emoji, and even the blue thumbs-up symbol in Messenger. AI rules in Chatfuel recognize exact or close matches (one or two characters off).
You can set up AI rules in the Set Up AI section of your dashboard. (If you want, you can then learn to set up more advanced artificial intelligence abilities in your bot.)
💡Example use case: Simplify the navigation in your Messenger bot for better user experience.
- You can set up an AI rule that sends users to the main menu of your chatbot if they type main menu, start over, or restart. You can set another rule that will connect them to a live-chat operator if they type help, talk to a person, talk to a human, or I need help.
Use Comments Autoreply to have your bot automatically reach out to users who comment on your Facebook page posts. You can have your chatbot privately message all commenters in Messenger, or just those whose comment contains a specific keyword. You can apply this rule to all posts, or one in particular.
👉 If you've built your bot in the Automate tab, head to the Grow tab to use this feature. It's called Acquire Users from Comments there. Learn how to use it to turn post commenters into customers.
👉 If you've built your bot in the Flows tab, Comments Autoreply takes the form of an Entry Point. Double click anywhere in the workspace while in the Flows tab to add an Entry Point to your bot. Learn how to use Entry Points.
💡Example use case: Run a giveaway.
- Post about it on your Facebook page, asking users to comment 20% off to instantly receive a 20%-off coupon for your store, for example. Once you've set up an autoreply rule for that phrase, your bot will send the coupon code via Messenger to all users who comment that phrase. It can then engage them in other ways to increase conversions, like by offering a product recommendation flow. Plus, you'll be able to reengage these users with other promotions later because they're now considered reachable.
Cart Reminders for Shopify
If a shopper adds an item to their cart on your ecommerce website but leaves without purchasing, this feature enables your chatbot to encourage them to come back. First, the user must opt in on your website, agreeing to receive Messenger content from you. After that, your Messenger chatbot can send reminders in Messenger about their abandoned items. You can customize the content of the reminder(s) your bot will send users. Currently, Cart Reminders are only available for Shopify stores.
💡Example use case: Your Shopify store's cart-abandonment rates are unusually high.
- Set up Cart Reminders so your Messenger chatbot can message users who left items behind without purchasing. The reminder can also offer the option to ask FAQs, receive a product recommendation, or live chat with a human agent. If you find many users are choosing those options, you'll know to add more information to your product pages (and even embed your bot on your website) to help prevent future abandonment.
Inline stats are a set of statistics that show up in Chatfuel's Automate tab. They allow you to quickly assess the performance of each block in your chatbot. Inline stats show you:
- how many people have seen the block
- what percentage of those people have clicked on elements (buttons, links) within the block
💡Example use case: Monitor inline stats to look for drop-off points.
- If the first three blocks in your lead-generation flow have ~80% click rates, but the fourth has a 20% click rate, you know you need to edit the fourth block to be more useful, more enticing, less confusing, etc.
Live Chat allows you (and any other page admins) to respond to incoming or existing conversations with users, right from the Chatfuel dashboard. In the Live Chat tab, you can see both active and closed chat conversations with your users. Also, you can manually add or edit individual user attributes based on the live conversations with them.
💡Example use case: Follow up with qualified leads.
- Let's say you run a real estate business, and you use your bot for lead generation and qualification. If a user is qualified through this method, you or one of your agents can then take over the conversation to discuss their needs and turn them into a client.
Native Ads Integration
This integration allows you to do three key, Facebook ad-related tasks right in Chatfuel:
- Easily connect your click-to-Messenger ads or sponsored messages to a block in your bot
- Track the performance of ads or sponsored messages
- Manage all the ads connected to your chatbot without having to open Ads Manager
💡Example use case: Send and track a sponsored message.
- If you want to notify your Messenger chatbot's users (about a sale, promotion, etc.) outside the 24-hour standard messaging window, you can send a sponsored message. You can set up the message, connect it to a block, change which block it's connected to, and monitor how many users have opened and interacted with it—right there in Chatfuel. You won't have to open Ads Manager in a separate tab and switch back and forth for any of these tasks.
Send Analytics Events to Facebook plugin
Use this plugin to automatically send analytics events (based on user activity) from your chatbot to Facebook Analytics or Facebook Ads Manager.
💡Example use case: Track the conversion rate for a certain action.
- Imagine your bot has a lead-generation flow. There's a Buy button at the end that goes to your website, where users can purchase an item. Add a button action to it that will redirect to a block. In that new block, add this plugin to track Purchase, a Standard event. That way, you can monitor conversions and optimize as needed.
Reengage messages are messages sent in bulk to people who have interacted with your bot in the last 24 hours. You can send reengage messages immediately, or schedule them for a later time (within 24 hours). Filter out certain users based on attributes so you can send your message only to that group. All of this can be done in the Reengage tab in Chatfuel.
💡Example use case: Get users to finish a lead qualification flow.
- If you want to get a higher completion rate for your lead qualification flow, head to the Reengage tab. You can set your chatbot to send a reengage message three hours after that original interaction, reminding the user to finish the bot flow.
This feature allows you to create custom audiences for your ads in Facebook Ads Manager—without the hassle of exporting user data in CSV files. With Segment Sync, you can sync up to ten user segments from Chatfuel to Facebook Ads Manager simultaneously. Start the process with just one click.
💡Example use case: Boost your return on ad spend (ROAS).
- Use Segment Sync to send data about your most valuable chatbot users right to Facebook Ads Manager. Then, use that data to create a Lookalike audience for your click-to-Messenger ads. You'll be able to reach new users who are similar to those who have already engaged with your bot. These new users are likely to be interested in your bot and interact with it, so you can improve your conversion rates and ROAS.
Synced Cloning is a feature that's only available on our Premium plan. It's incredibly useful if you manage multiple bots. It lets you create a master bot that serves as a template for other bots. Make changes to a group of blocks or sequences in the master, and they'll automatically sync to all your other connected bots.
💡Example use case: Build bots for a multi-location business.
- If you build bots for a single brand with a few, dozens, or even hundreds of locations, Synced Cloning will save you hours of time. First, build a basic bot framework that works for every location (the master). Copy the framework to a new, empty chatbot whenever you add a new location. Use global attributes to automatically fill in custom data for the individual location, like address, phone number, etc. Then, sync master changes to the bots for that and all other locations whenever you need to, like if the chain now has a new slogan or website, for example. Synced Cloning lets you make that change across every bot in one click.
The following are Facebook features that Chatfuel supports (no coding required).
Click-to-Messenger ads appear on Facebook or Instagram. When clicked, they immediately direct the user to your chatbot in Messenger. They're a highly efficient way to bring new users to your bot (and to increase your ROAS). You can decide which block you want to link to your ad, so your bot can send users relevant content as soon as they arrive.
💡Example use case: Guide new prospects to conversion, faster.
- When users click a regular Facebook ad that leads to your website, they're left to their own devices to browse. But when they click a click-to-Messenger ad that leads to your bot, they'll enjoy a guided experience. Your chatbot can help them find exactly what they need right away, increasing the likelihood of conversion and making for a more pleasant, attentive experience.
The Checkbox plugin will appear as a text with a checked box on your website. It'll send users to a conversation with your bot in Messenger after they complete a certain task on your site, like submitting a form. (This element doesn't require a button click.)
You can place this basic plugin on any part of your website. Adding this element to your site is as easy as copying and pasting a few lines of code generated in Chatfuel. Users can choose to uncheck the box if they don't want to hear from your chatbot.
💡Example use case: Allow users to sign up for shipping updates in Messenger.
- Add the Checkbox plugin to your online store's checkout page, notifying users that they can receive updates about their order in Messenger. Then, set your bot to message the user when their order is received, when the item is shipped, and when the item is delivered.
Send to Messenger plugin
The Send to Messenger plugin will appear as a button on your website. Your Messenger chatbot will initiate a conversation as soon as the user clicks the button. You can place the button on any part of your website, and you can customize its size and color. Adding the button to your site is as easy as copying and pasting a few lines of code generated in Chatfuel.
💡Example use case: Send users a coupon code.
- Add the Send to Messenger plugin to the checkout page on your ecommerce website. Let users know that they can get a code for free shipping in Messenger if they click it.
If you want to reach your chatbot users outside of the 24-hour standard messaging window, you can pay to send a sponsored message. It's a message from your chatbot, like any other, except that it can contain promotional content to be sent outside the 24-hour window.
💡Example use case: Notify shoppers of a sale.
- If your ecommerce store is having a big holiday sale, you may want to use a sponsored message to notify all your chatbot users of the event.