What are bot links?
Bot links are no-code tools. 🍰
(Bot links are formerly known as REF links.) They're links you can generate in Chatfuel that will send users directly to one part of your Messenger chatbot, instead of to the Welcome Message like your main m.me link will. The beauty of bot links is that they allow users to access one specific portion of your chatbot without having to go through the entire rest of the bot flow get there.
- For example, the main link to your bot (to its Welcome Message) might look like this: m.me/examplesamplebusiness42
- And the bot link to a block with information about a contest might look like this: m.me/examplesamplebusiness42/ref=contest
Important note: If the Facebook page connected to your bot (or its admins) are based in a European Economic Area (EEA) country, bot links will not work. If your page/admins aren't EEA-based but any of your users are, bot links won't work for them. Get more information on Facebook's updated policies for Europe.
How to create bot links
Setting up bot links is an easy task in basic bot-building. Here's how to do it:
- Head to the Automate tab in Chatfuel, and go to the block you want to create a bot link for.
- Click on the green LINK button to the right of that block's name.
3. In the window that appears, toggle the Block link switch on.
4. In the text box, type in a name for this bot link. (Note that this text will appear at the end of the URL, which means users will be able to see it.)
5. You can then copy the bot link and start sharing it with users. When they click it, it will direct them straight to that specific block in your bot. You'll be able to copy the link again any time if needed. It'll appear next to the green LINK button in that block.
When to use bot links
Bot links are a great way to share your chatbot when you're using it to do things like:
- launch a new product
- promote a contest or giveaway
- run a survey
You can advertise your product, contest, or survey to your audience by sharing the bot link on social media, in emails, on landing pages, etc. Then, when users click, they won't have to go through your entire Messenger chatbot's flow to get to the information they were promised. The bot link will take them straight to the relevant block.
Tracking stats for bot links
Once you create the bot link for the block, you'll be able to track its use. Visit the Analyze tab to see:
- Where people are finding and clicking your bot link (sources)
- How many people are clicking your bot link, divided by source