People Tab is a place where bot admins can:
- get an overhead view of bot’s user list and all user statuses including the most important one — reachable users (bot subscribers that you pay for),
- group users into segments that are updated automatically,
- edit individual users’ attributes,
- generate CSV files of your subscribers to boost sales by using with Facebook’s “lookalike audiences” (which means you can reach new customers who behave similarly to your existing segments in Messenger).
At the very top of People tab you can see several pre-defined segments like:
- Reachable users — bot subscribers to whom your bot can send messages and, most importantly, reach out to after a period of inactivity with broadcasted messages.
- Returned — bot subscribers who have interacted with your bot more than once.
- Non-Organic — total number of users (including blocked) who entered the bot via Facebook ads, a reply to an Acquire from Comments post, or any other non-organic source the bot can track.
You can also create your own segments by defining the qualifying user attributes to be part of the segment and pressing the Save to Segment button. These segments will be available to all admins of your bot and automatically update to include new users who fit the filter you set.
For each segment it’s possible to broadcast to the users it contains, subscribe them to a sequence, or export their Messenger IDs for use in a highly-targeted Facebook ad.
You'll now be able to sync segments to Facebook Ad Manager.
Once you have created a segment, it can also be renamed easily by clicking the segment name.
This is the column in the table that displays all users who have interacted with the bot at any point in time. Each user has one of the following statuses:
- Reachable users — bot subscribers that your bot can reach out to.
- Blocked users — users who blocked communication with your bot. You cannot send messages to these users, but if they interact with your bot they will become reachable again.
How people become subscribers of my bot (reachable users)?
Messenger users become subscribers of your bot and have reachable status in the People Tab if they:
- click “Get started” on the description screen of the bot (on fb or Msg page);
- click “Send to Messenger” button on a website (see Send to Messenger plugin);
- select “Send to Messenger” checkbox on a website (see Checkbox plugin);
- click ‘Chat with the bot’ on your bot landing;
In addition to that you can get subscribers from growth tools:
- Acquire from comments — people who responded to a personal message that your bot sent after they left a comment on the page;
- Facebook ads — interacted with the bot after clicking on ‘Send Message’ in your Facebook ad that led to the bot.
Key-features of People tab include:
- Exporting user data and to create a custom lookalike audience in the Facebook Ads Manager
- Adding, editing, and/or deleting attributes for individual bot users. If you want to change any of their attributes, simply click on a user’s name and perform the desired action in the pop-up window.
- Subscribing and unsubscribing users to/from sequences, without them having to perform specific actions in the bot. Just apply the desired filters, then click the Sequence button on the right.