There are two easy, no-code ways to kick-start the bot-building process in Chatfuel: bot templates and pre-built flows.
What are Chatfuel’s bot templates?
Our bot templates are fully formed frameworks for an entire bot. There are almost 100 to choose from in the Chatfuel template library, and most are free.
Install the FAQ template here: https://chatfuel.com/share?flowGroup=5f7df73a5853af7acd0fabf9
Some templates are for a single chatbot function, like lead scoring or audience segmentation. But most are for full bots that will accomplish multiple functions for a specific type of business, like restaurants, dentists, marketing agencies, or ecommerce brands.
- The Shopify template, for example, includes pre-prepared blocks that will allow your bot to offer customer service, product quizzes, giveaways, post-purchase check-in messages, abandoned-cart reminders, and more.
How to use a bot template
You’ll find our bot templates in your Chatfuel dashboard. They’re organized into categories in the bar at the top of the screen.
Using a bot template is simple:
- Click on the desired template. A window will pop up where you can read more about what it includes. ⬆️
- In that pop-up, click Preview in Messenger to chat with a sample version of that bot.
- If it seems like a good fit for your business and objectives, click Use Template. The template will then be loaded into a brand-new bot in your dashboard.
- Enter that bot, and you’ll see all the blocks already set up for you. All that’s left to do is customize the content in the blocks as needed to fit your business. You can delete or add any blocks if necessary.
You can use a template in its entirety, or pick and choose pieces of it that work best for your project. Or, you can play with a few templates to get a better grasp on how a great bot is designed, and then go on to build your own from scratch. Either way, templates are great resources for helping you build a chatbot, fast. 🏎️
What are Chatfuel’s pre-built flows?
Think of a pre-built flow as a script for a specific part of your bot’s conversation with a user.
- Let’s say you want to qualify leads. The pre-built flow for that purpose will already have the appropriate questions and answer options set up for you in blocks. You’ll just have to customize the text to your unique business, and you’ll be ready to go.
In Chatfuel, you’ll find pre-set bot flows for four basic functions, or "skills:"
- Saving time by automating FAQs
- Increasing sales by collecting emails and phone numbers
- Qualifying leads
- Taking over the conversation with live chat
How to use a pre-built flow
You’ll find all the pre-built flows in the Add Element bar at the bottom of the work area in your bot dashboard. ⤵️
To insert one into your bot, click the Pre-Built Flows button. Then:
- Of the four available, select the skill that you want to add to your bot.
2. Now, the blocks you’ll need for your bot to accomplish the task you chose will appear in the workspace. Above them, you’ll see an optional to-do list of tasks that will guide you through the customization of your pre-built flow. ✅
3. Modify the content in the new blocks as necessary to match your bot’s persona and objectives. For example, if you chose the Automate FAQs option, you’ll need to customize up to ten questions and answers that apply to your business and will be helpful for your users.
Once you've customized the content, here are your possible next steps:
- If the pre-built flow you choose accomplishes all you need your bot to do, you can launch right away.
- If you need more functionalities than just this one, use the pre-built flow(s) as building blocks in creating a larger, more complex bot.
- Use the pre-built flows as learning tools, just so you can get the hang of how to effectively build flows for different objectives. 💡
Building a bot from scratch
If you prefer to have a completely custom bot, you can start from scratch. Watch this quick tutorial to get the basics on how to construct a simple flow. 👇
Want more detailed inspiration on bots for specific use cases? Visit our blog to learn more about chatbots for:
- Recruiting and HR
- Beauty businesses
- Healthcare businesses
- Banking and finance
- Real estate
Or, take a look at one of our case studies to find out how:
- An ecommerce entrepreneur generated $100k in sales with a bot 📸
- A meal-kit service reduced customer-support wait times by 76% with a bot 🥗
- A university generated $3.1 million in sales in one day with a bot 🎓
- An astrology brand saved $25k+/month in operational costs, thanks to a bot 💫