1. Make sure you're an Admin of the Facebook Page
You need to be an Admin of the Facebook Page you are trying connect. Page roles like Editor or Moderator don't have enough permissions to connect chat bots. Having this page in your Business Manager also isn't sufficient.
2. Make sure Chatfuel has all the required permissions
If you are a page Admin, please make sure that you have granted our app the sufficient permissions, which you can see in your Facebook Business Integrations - https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools.
Here are four required permissions:
- Manage your Pages
- Send messages from Pages you manage
- Send messages from Pages you manage at any time after the first user interaction
- Show a list of the Pages you manage
We recommend setting it to All Pages so that you won't run into any issues regarding this in the future. We won't do anything without your request.
If you decided to give permissions only for some of the pages, please make sure you've given all four permissions to these pages.
You can also completely remove Chatfuel from your Business integrations, and then try connecting the page again.
Removing Chatfuel from Business Integrations will also help if there's a page you're an administrator of, but it's not showing up in the connection list.
3. Your Persistent menu should be valid
An error in your Persistent menu can also prevent the page from being connected. You'll find your Persistent menu field in the Configure tab of your bot.
Check whether each of the menu items leads to a valid destination - a block, a URL or a submenu. It’s important to note that you can’t connect to a page if you don’t have any menu items, and your User input option is turned off at the same time. This is what it shouldn't look like
So, you need to either have at least one menu item, or the user input toggle needs to be turned on.
4. You can't see the page you want to connect?
If you want to connect your bot to a Facebook page that isn't listed in the Publishing section, check out this guide for a quick solution.
Didn't find a solution for your page above? Reach out to support and we'll help out!
- Message us through the bubble in the bottom right corner on this page.
- Message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.