Segment Sync is a new Pro feature you'll find under the People tab. It helps you create a custom audience in Facebook Ads Manager, without the need to export and import CSV files. You’ll be able to sync up to ten user segments from Chatfuel to Facebook simultaneously.
Segments or custom audiences will automatically update to Facebook every hour (e.g. new users will be added to your segment, or old ones removed, based on their behavior in the bot)
When to use Segment Sync
Use Segment Sync to create custom or Lookalike Audiences for Facebook ads with the Messenger destination. For example:
- Create a Lookalike Audience for your Click-to-Messenger (CTM) ads. That way, you can reach new users similar to subscribers who have taken key actions in your bot.
- Create a custom audience for a Sponsored Message, like one that reengages subscribers by announcing new arrivals in store, or offers a promo code a week after registration. The custom audience will be based on contact information your bot has gathered from current subscribers.
How to use Segment Sync
- Upgrade to Pro if you haven't already.
- Head to the People tab and click on Sync Segments.
3. Next, you'll see a pop-up asking you to grant Facebook the necessary permissions.
4. Select the Facebook Ad account you want to use.
5. A new window will pop up, asking you to accept the terms of service for custom audiences. The February Beta release will stop the flow here.
6. Coming in April: Press the play button next to each segment you want to sync.
7. Profit from your highly targeted ads! 🎉
Things to keep in mind:
- After successful sync from Chatfuel, it can take Facebook up to one hour to create a custom audience.
- You can find your custom audiences in Facebook Ads Manager by name:
Chatfuel - <Page Name> - <Segment Name>
- You can also switch Facebook ad accounts if needed. The segments will stop syncing, but will remain in Ads Manager for the original account.
Should you need further assistance with Segment Sync to Facebook Ads, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org 😉