Send Analytics Events to Facebook is a plugin that lets you send data from your bot to Facebook Ads Manager and Facebook Analytics. It will track and send information for user events the same way Facebook Pixel does, except it'll do it for your bot instead of your website.
This plugin is a no-code solution. 🍰
Types of analytics events you can send
With this plugin, you can send data for one of Facebook’s Standard events, or for your own Custom events.
Standard events 👔
Standard events are pre-defined by Facebook. There are 24 Standard events to choose from:
- Achieve Level
- Activate App
- Ad Click
- Ad Impression
- Add Payment Info
- Add to Cart
- Add to Wishlist
- Complete Registration
- Complete Tutorial
- Customize Product
- Find Location
- Initiate Checkout
- Purchase *
- Spend Credits
- Start Trial
- Submit Application
- Unlock Achievement
- View Content
🚨*Important: At the moment, Facebook Ads Manager will receive data for all types of events in this list. However, only Purchase event data will be displayed there.
What does this mean for your chatbot-analytics tracking?
That you’ll still be able to send all 24 types of Standard Events to Facebook from your bot. Facebook will receive and store all of them. However, for the time being, they will be visible only in Facebook Analytics.
In Facebook Ads Manager, just the Purchase event will be visible for now. The other 23 Standard events will start appearing in Ads Manager (along with all the historical data starting from when you add the plugin in Chatfuel) over the next six months, as Facebook does their gradual roll-out. That’s why we recommend setting up these events now anyway, so that you’ll have access to all data from today on once Facebook completes their roll-out.
Custom events 🎨
If you want to track an event that doesn’t fit one of Facebook’s 24 Standard options, you can create your own Custom event. All you have to do is come up with a name for it. From then on, that event will appear in Facebook Analytics under the name you chose. (🔔Custom events can only be tracked in Facebook Analytics, not Ads Manager).
How to set up this plugin
This plugin works like a Pixel does, but for your bot—which means that, once set up, everything will be sent automatically. All you have to do is decide which events you want to track in your bot’s flow.
When you’re ready to add the plugin, navigate to the Add Element bar at the bottom of your bot dashboard and click More. You’ll find it in the plugins list that appears, under the Export & Import section.
💡 Note: To use this plugin, you’ll first need to grant Events permissions to Chatfuel on Facebook. You will be prompted to do this when you first add the plugin. Just click Grant Permission, and you’ll be logged in to the Facebook permissions screen. Select the pages you want to let Chatfuel access for this purpose, and you’re all set.
How to send Standard events
You can send your Standard events to either Facebook Ads Manager or Facebook Analytics. ✅
Here’s how to set one up:
1. Simply add the Send Analytics Events to Facebook plugin to come right after the event you want to track.
- For example: If the event you want to track is users viewing a certain block, add this plugin as the first element of that block. That way, the event will register as soon as the user arrives there. If the event you want to track is users clicking a button, add this plugin to the block where the button leads. (If the button leads to a URL, you can use Button Actions so it also redirect to a new block that contains the plugin).
2. The Standard event type will be preselected. Choose one of Facebook’s 24 suggested events from the drop-down menu.
3. The moment you select your event, the plugin will start tracking that action!
How to send Custom events
Again, you can send your own custom events only to Facebook Analytics. Custom events can't be sent to Facebook Ads Manager. ❌
Here’s how to set one up:
- Just add the Send Analytics Events to Facebook plugin after the event you want to track.
- Toggle Event Types to Custom.
- Enter a name for your Custom event.
- That’s it! The plugin will start tracking that action the moment you enter a name for it.
Using your events data in Facebook Analytics
The data this plugin gathers can help you optimize your bot flow for conversions. We recommend using the Funnel Visualization Tool in Facebook Analytics to view the information all at once.
In Facebook Analytics, under Activity in the sidebar on the left, choose Funnels. From there, you’ll be able to create a visual representation of your funnel by adding whichever analytics events you desire with the + button. You’ll then be able to easily identify any drop-off points and optimize for conversions.
Use cases for this plugin
Here are a few examples of when you might use the Send Analytics Events to Facebook plugin:
- To track conversion rates for a target action. Let’s say you have a lead-generation flow in your bot that ends with a Buy button, which links to your website where users can make a purchase. You can add a button action to it that redirects to a block. In this new block, add the plugin and track the Standard event, Purchase.
- To track users who received support from your team via the Live Chat plugin. Add this plugin to your bot before the Live Chat plugin. Then you can start tracking the Standard event Contact as users are led to the live chat.
- To track users as they move through a set of questions in your funnel. Add the plugin with a Custom event after the quick replies for each question (Question 1, Question 2, Question 3).