These terms apply to bots signed up to the Pro Plan on or after June 18, 2018. For bots upgraded to Pro Plan prior to June 18, 2018. please refer to these Terms and FAQs.
Sign up for a free Chatfuel account to get acquainted with our no-code platform and test your concept. When you're ready to scale and reach more users with chatbot marketing, upgrade to a Chatfuel Pro account.
Here's everything you need to know about Pro upgrading, pricing, and billing.
💡 Note: When you upgrade, your Pro subscription is associated with your connected Facebook page at the time—not with a chatbot. (So if you want five Pro bots, you'll need five Pro subscriptions: one per Facebook page.)
What does the Chatfuel Pro plan include?
Here are the key perks and benefits you'll enjoy when you upgrade to Pro, in addition to full access to all Chatfuel features:
- No user limit 🙌 The free plan is capped at 50 Messenger chatbot users. But with Pro, you can have unlimited users. (Pricing scales according to the number of users.)
- Priority support 👩🏾💻You'll get same business-day responses from our stellar support team on your questions related to the functions of Chatfuel, so you can build better bots, faster.
- Multiple teammates 👯♀️ Add teammates to help you build a bot or otherwise collaborate with you in Chatfuel, and change their permissions as needed.
- Pro Community access 👥 As a Pro user, you'll be pre-approved for our exclusive Pro Community on Facebook, where you can find the latest news, feature previews and updates, learning resources, and special offers.
How much does the Pro plan cost?
The Pro plan starts at $15/month for up to 500 reachable users in one Facebook Messenger chatbot. The monthly price increases from there according to our sliding scale, depending on the number of users.
💡 Reminder: When you upgrade, the Pro status will be attached to the Facebook page connected to your account—even if you later decide to connect a different bot to it.
What counts as a chatbot user?
All people who have ever interacted with your Facebook Messenger chatbot are considered users. There are two types of users, both of which are part of your total user count when it comes to pricing:
- reachable users: those you're allowed to reach out to with reengage messages
- blocked users: those who have turned off messages from your bot, which means you can't reach out to them with reengage messages. Learn more.
How does the user limit on the free plan work?
The user limit on Chatfuel's free plan is 50. That means the first 50 people who interact with your chatbot will continue to be able to interact with it and receive reengage content from it. Any additional users beyond the limit won't be able to interact with the Messenger bot or receive reengage content until you upgrade to Pro.
Does upgrading to Pro lock me into a contract or incur any extra fees?
Nope! The Pro plan is month to month, so there's no long-term contract. There aren't any hosting fees, setup costs, bandwidth fees, cancellation fees, or any other types of fees, either. You only pay for the maximum amount of Messenger chatbot users you had each month, and you can cancel any time.
What if I have more than 25,000 reachable users?
When will my credit card be charged?
We'll charge your credit card the day you upgrade to Pro. For each following month, we'll charge your card on that same day. (If you upgraded on July 15th, you'll be charged on August 15th, September 15th, etc.) If your payment date falls on a day that doesn't exist in the next month, it'll shift to the last day of that month (e.g. January 31, then February 28, then March 31).
Why was I charged twice?
You may see two separate charges from Chatfuel on your monthly statements. Here's why. (Note: By "start of your billing month," we mean the month that begins on your payment date. So if your payment date is July 15, your billing month would be from July 15 to August 15.)
👉 At the start of your billing month:
- You'll be charged an estimated fee. This represents the fee for the number of users we think you'll have by the end of the month, based on how many you have now. It's all you'll owe if your total user count remains in the same payment tier for the duration of the month.
👉 At the end of your billing month:
- If your chatbot's user count increased enough during the month to push you to the next payment tier, you'll be charged an adjustment fee. That means we'll charge you for the new monthly amount (minus the estimated fee you already paid at the beginning of the month) to cover the number of users you actually ended up having.
- You'll then also be charged an estimated fee for the next month, and so on.
For example, let's say Dave upgrades to Pro on July 15. As of July 15, his Messenger chatbot has 50 users. We at Chatfuel assume he'll remain in the 0-500 users payment tier for the July 15 – August 15 period, so we'll charge him $15 for a month of Pro on July 15.
However, Dave's bot is super successful and grows to 10,000 users by his next payment date, August 15. (Go, Dave! 🎊) These are the charges he'd see on his statement on August 15:
- The first charge will be for $70 ($85-$15). This is the adjustment fee, because we need to charge Dave for the number of users he actually ended up having for the July 15 – August 15 period ($85 worth)—which was more than we initially estimated and charged him for ($15 worth).
- The second charge will be for $85. This is the estimated fee for August 15 - September 15, the month ahead. It's us at Chatfuel assuming that he'll remain in the 10,000-user payment tier for the duration of the month. (But if not—if his bot grows so much that he hits the next payment tier for 15,000 users—we'll charge him another adjustment fee on his next payment date, September 15.)
So in total, Dave will pay $155 this billing month ($70+$85), which covers the final amount for July 15 – August 15 and the estimated amount for August 15 – September 15.
How will I be charged if the user count for my bot changes during the month?
See the section above! In a nutshell, we'll charge you an estimated fee at the start of your billing month based on what you'll owe for the total number of users we think you'll have. If, over the course of that month, your user count grows enough to push you to the next payment tier, we'll charge you to make up the difference.
How do I access my payment history?
Your payment history will be available as soon as you’ve linked a credit card to your Chatfuel account. Find it in the Configure tab > Manage Pro Plan, or by clicking on your profile picture in your dashboard > My Pro Plan Payments.
Can other bot admins see my billing and payment details?
All bot admins can see the full payment history (the amount you paid and when you paid it) and the last four digits of the credit card on file. Nobody (not even you) will be able to see or access your complete credit card details. We don’t store that information because we use Stripe to process payments, which is one of the largest and most secure internet payment providers. Stripe uses a process called tokenization to secure your card details.
Who receives the invoices and when?
We send monthly invoices to the email address you have listed in your billing details. Invoices are sent right after we've successfully charged your credit card the applicable fees for that month.
What will happen if I disconnect the Facebook page from my Pro chatbot?
- If you do this but then connect that page to another Chatfuel bot before your next payment date, your Pro plan subscription will remain active and we'll continue to charge your card monthly.
- If you do this and then do not connect that page to another Chatfuel bot before your next payment date, your Pro plan subscription will be terminated. (Your card will not be charged at the time of termination, or any time in the future.)
This system is beneficial to you because you can reconnect your page to newer/different versions of your Facebook Messenger chatbot without deactivating your Pro subscription.
If you upgraded to Pro using a test Facebook page or the wrong Facebook page, find out how to switch your Pro plan to a different page.
💡 Note: If you delete the chatbot that was linked to the Facebook page with which you upgraded to Pro, your Pro subscription may still remain active. If you wish to cancel your Pro subscription, follow these instructions instead.
I canceled my Pro plan subscription a few days after I subscribed. How will I be charged?
If you choose to cancel your Pro subscription, your Pro plan will remain active for the remainder of the month, until your next payment date. You will not be charged any additional fees at the time of Pro plan termination, or any time after.
The date that you activate your Pro plan subscription will become your “payment date.” Each month on your payment date, we'll charge your credit card on file for:
- The estimated fee: It's a fee for the upcoming month based on your bot’s current number of users at the time, in accordance with our sliding scale fee calculation which is available in the Pro plan dashboard. If your total number of bot users stays within that same payment tier for the duration of the month, this is all you'll owe for that month.
- The adjustment fee: If your bot’s total number of users grows during the month so that you're pushed into the next payment tier, you'll be charged an adjustment fee on the following payment date. The adjustment fee will represent the cost of the number of users you ended up having for the billing month, minus the estimated fee you already paid at the start of the billing month.
For example, if you activate your Pro plan subscription on April 22 (your payment date), we will charge your credit card on April 22 for an estimated fee you owe for the period from April 22 to May 22. On May 22, we will charge your card for an estimated fee you owe for the period from May 22 to June 22 and, if applicable, an adjustment fee for the period from April 22 to May 22.
If your payment date falls on a nonexistent day of a given month (such as February 30), we will shift your payment date to the last day of that month (e.g. February 28) for that particular month. Except as provided above, your payment date will not change during your Pro plan subscription unless you cancel your Pro plan subscription and reactivate it on a different date, in which case your reactivation date will become your new payment date.
Each month on your payment date, we calculate the maximum number of reachable users from any given day that were subscribed to your Messenger chatbot since the last payment date, and through the current payment date. We then charge your credit card on file for the applicable fees, as described above, in accordance with our sliding scale fee calculation which is available in the Pro plan dashboard. All dates and times are calculated in the UTC+0 time zone.
If you delete your bot (thus disconnecting it from the Facebook page) or click Disconnect in your Chatfuel dashboard, we do not discontinue your Pro plan subscription right away. That means you can connect the same or a different Facebook Messenger chatbot to that Pro Facebook page at any time before your next payment period to maintain your Pro plan subscription. We will only terminate your Pro plan subscription in the event that your Facebook page is not connected to any chatbot on your payment date. If there is no bot connected to your page on your payment date, we will immediately terminate your Pro plan subscription, and your card will no longer be charged going forward.
If you choose to cancel your Pro plan subscription at any time, your Pro plan will remain active for the remainder of the month, until your next payment date. You will not be charged at the time of Pro plan termination. The Pro icon in the admin dashboard will disappear. All other free plan limitations will apply accordingly from then on.
If we are unable to process your payment on any payment date, you'll see a warning sign next to the Pro icon in the Chatfuel dashboard. Additionally, every admin of your bot will receive an email notification stating that we were unable to process your payment, and that your Pro subscription will be terminated in fourteen (14) days if full payment is not made. We'll make repeated attempts to process payment using your credit card. But if we're still unable to process payment after fourteen (14) days, we'll terminate your Pro plan subscription and may institute payment collection proceedings against you.