You've been asking for it; now here it is! We're excited to announce the launch of Chatfuel's first-ever Affiliate Program. 🎉
Those approved for this program will receive a standard affiliate commission of 20% on every monthly payment made by customers who sign up using your unique referral link. The customer will also get 50% off for their first month when they upgrade to Pro with your link.
How to become a Chatfuel affiliate partner
Ready to spread the word about conversational marketing using Chatfuel? Here's how:
1. Log in to your Chatfuel dashboard and click Affiliate Program in the top menu bar.
2. Then, fill out and submit the form that appears.
We'll review each application and contact those who are approved for the program. ✅ (Once the beta for this program is complete, we'll share more information on our affiliate requirements and criteria for approval.)
Navigating your affiliate dashboard
You'll be able to monitor your stats from your personalized affiliate dashboard. It will appear when you click Affiliate Program in the top menu bar in Chatfuel, once your application has been approved. There, you'll be able to:
- copy your unique invite link to send to prospective new customers
- see how many people have registered for a free Chatfuel account using your link
- see how many people have upgraded to Chatfuel Pro using your link
- view your total earnings as a Chatfuel affiliate, to date
- view your next affiliate payout amount and the date of that payout
- download a complete earnings report
How you'll get paid
We'll pay your commissions through PayPal on the first of each month. Note that payments are subject to a 30-day lockdown period, which begins the day that a customer upgrades using your link. After that period is over, your commissions will be be unlocked and paid out on the first day of the next month.
💡 For example: Let's say a customer upgrades to Pro using your link on October 2. Your commission will be unlocked 30 days later, on November 2. But since affiliate payouts are done on the first of each month, you won't receive that commission until December 1, which is the next payout date.
To be able to receive commission payouts, you'll need to enter the email address associated with your PayPal account in the Payouts section of your affiliate dashboard.
Important details and terms
For affiliate partners 💼
Here are some terms for you to be aware of:
- You'll earn commission on all payments made by customers who upgrade to Pro using your link (including both estimated and adjusted fees).
- The commission doesn't apply to paused or canceled Pro plans.
- The commission doesn't apply to Premium plans.
- The commission doesn't apply to shared pricing plans.
- This program is an experiment. That means our number of affiliates is limited for now. It also means we can cancel the program or change the policies at any time.
For customers 👥
For users who click on an affiliate link to create a Chatfuel account for the first time:
- You'll land on a special screen before onboarding. There, you'll be notified that you've received a 50% discount on your first month, which is valid for 30 days. We'll continue to remind you about this discount in the dashboard each time you log in, until you redeem it or it expires.
- If you want to apply the discount to a Facebook page that's been connected to a Chatfuel bot before, the discount will only be applied if that page had never been upgraded to Pro before.
- You can use the 50% discount only once. If you upgrade to Pro using an affiliate discount, then cancel your plan, you won't be able to use that affiliate discount again.
- Existing Chatfuel users aren't eligible to claim the 50% upgrade discount. Only new users can claim this discount.
Let's grow together
We're excited to have you refer Chatfuel to your friends—and that's only the beginning! We also encourage affiliates to create additional value for new Chatfuel users. You might create templates, design help resources, offer trainings, etc. The more successful your referred customers are with Chatfuel, the more you can earn in commissions as their bot gains users over time. It's a win-win all around! 🙌