Shopify Pop-Up is a no-code, EU-friendly solution. 🍰
For your bot to be able to reach a shopper on Messenger, it must get their permission first. Shopify Pop-Up Entry Point allows you to do exactly that. Basically, it's an opt-in message on your store’s website, which you can set to show when the user adds a product to their cart, shows exit intent, or logs in to the site.
You can customize the content of the pop-up. Once the user opts in on the pop-up, they’ll be considered “reachable” by your bot.
⚠️ Note that you need to add and set up the Shopify Pop-Up Entry Point for all the other Shopify Entry Points and features to work.
How to set up Shopify Pop-Up Entry Point 🔧
1. Add the Shopify Pop-Up Entry Point to your flow. There are three ways to do it: by double-clicking or right-clicking in any blank area of the workspace, by clicking the + symbol to the right of your flow name, or by clicking the small icon with the screen and + symbol on the right side of the workspace.
2. Connect your Shopify store. Click the Connect Shopify store button, and in the modal that will come up, enter the name of your store and click Connect. After that, you'll be taken to Shopify to confirm this action by clicking Install.
3. Customize the pop-up. Click on the Entry Point card to edit your pop-up message. You'll see a menu with pop-up settings on your left. You can write your own headline, main text, customize button size, and text. You can also choose the pages, where your pop-up will be shown, and add pages, where you don't want it to be shown at all.
4. Choose what will trigger the pop-up. You can have it be shown when the user opens your site in the browser, adds a product to the cart, or shows an intention to leave your store (the system identifies user's intention to leave by tracking their mouse movements, and moving the cursor outside the page boundaries on desktop and minimizing the browser window on the touch screen devices is triggering the system). In the case of the latter, you can also set the pop-up to appear as soon as the user comes to your store, or after a certain delay.
5. Create a message that the user will receive from your chatbot in Messenger once they opt in on the pop-up. This message will be a confirmation of their subscription to your bot. Just drag an arrow from the Entry Point card and choose Send Message. You can write something as simple as "Hey! 🎉 You just subscribed to our exclusive deals. Stay tuned!".
6. Last but not least: if you want, you can also set a separate flow for those who're already users of your chatbot (meaning they've interacted with it previously at some point). Do this by checking the Different flow for old users box on the original Entry Point block. The old/existing users of your chatbot will see the same pop-up as your new users, but when they click the button to opt in, they'll receive a different message on Messenger.
How many Shopify Pop-Up Entry Points can I have? 🤔
You can set up as many Shopify Pop-Up Entry Points as you want. However, for each Shopify store, only one of them can be turned on at a time. When you turn on one Shopify Pop-Up Entry Point, all others will be automatically turned off.